Nuffnang Ads

Friday, January 23, 2009

A GREAT INJUSTICE

Back in Institut Perguruan Temenggong Ibrahim, I had to learn Expository Writing. Before this, when I wanted to write something I just grabbed a pen pr paper, or sometimes my laptop and just pour everything that I had in my head. But things took on a different road when I was introduced to thesis statement and supporting details. I never knew that writing could be that complicated.

We had to write a position paper for EDU 3234 and now, I started to feel that writing is such a dread when I have to think of a thesis statement and supporting details. At first, I chose the story A Great Injustice by Heah Chwee Sian. I wanted to write about how social prejudice leads the main character, Ah Nya to abort her baby. I already came up with my first draft but I was disappointed when Mr Omid told me that I had to rephrase my thesis statement.

As of now, I am really truly clueless about how I will go about to write my position paper. I have no idea which text should I choose, let alone what topic I’ll be writing about. Hmm, I hope the holiday will bring me some idea on how to proceed with my position paper.

No comments: