Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, March 1, 2009

THE VIRTUE OF PATIENCE

After reading Nelson Mandela autobiography, I learned one lesson; the virtue of waiting. I have been made to wait my entire life, for things as simple as getting service at McDonalds and for things as complicated as waiting for my first love. Some people had it easy; they keep getting lucky, getting things they don’t even wish for. For others, including me, I had to wait for things to happen, things that I yearn for, things that I wish I could have, every day, every moment.

Looking at Mandela, how patiently he waited for 3 decades for his freedom, how he never surrendered at defending his protest against racism, I was inspired to learn the fact that patience has its rewards. Even though at times, I wish I could surrender and said that “I’m tired” or “I want to quit”, but patience is what holding me back from saying so. In all facets of life, either in study, friendship, relationship or even my faith, patience plays a dominant role.

So, every time I wish for something but I don’t get it, every time I had to wait for somebody for a date, every time I want something so bad but I couldn’t have it; I will remember the virtue of patience and hopefully I can patiently wait for those things to happen.

No comments: