Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SECOND DRAFT

During the holiday, after coming to terms with the fact that my first draft is lost forever and ever, I started working on my second draft; new thesis statement and new supporting details. The only mistake that I did when submitting my first draft was that I did not keep a copy with me in case the usual happened. I guess its destiny, haha, for me to come up with new draft and new stories and new ideas.

So, instead of doing poems like I intended in the first place, I moved on by selecting short stories; 3 short stories, Boys and Girls by Alice Munro, Sara and The Wedding by Karim Raslan, and Territory by David Leavitt.

To me, all three of these stories is connected with how the individual has to submit to the bigger and more dominating force of the society around them. Although they have different perception of themselves as individuals, but due to the societal strain placed upon them, they have to re-evaluate themselves in order to fit into the society.

I will, again, dutifully, try to contact my supervisor to set up an appointment with her. And hopefully, my draft would not be lost into oblivion again. And of course, this time, I am not taking any chances, I have a back up copy of my draft in my pen drive, my external hard disk and my laptop.

No comments: